The Volcano Region

The Volcano Region
"This Baby's about to erupt"

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Beginings

There is just something about new beginnings. Out with the old in with the new...
The new year brings crisp opportunities, a blank page and one more chance to get it right.
I have spent some time this week reflecting on 2009.
The word I would use to describe last year is realization. I grew to realize who I really am, what I really want, who I can really count on and how hard I am willing to work to be a better me.
There were times last year that insanity was knocking at my door but somehow I got through it and I am a better person because of it.
Have you invested the time to take your own personal inventory??? It is not an easy task. It can be difficult to look through all of the mask and armour we display to others and dig deep down to determine who we are, what we want, who we can count on and how hard we are willing to work for it.
I challenge you before you get too far into 2010, to reflect backwards for a moment and ask yourself "what did I learn about me last year?" and "how will I use that knowledge to do better this year?"
One of the things I learned about myself in 2009 was the extent of my capacity to forgive....I learned that when I need to forgive the most is when it is the most difficult to forgive...
“Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.” -Paul Boese
God Bless you all and good night:)

No comments:

Post a Comment